Liniar’s standard pile is a medium strength product which has the versatility to be used in either of two formats. The Z-ribbed format covers slightly more ground and has a shallower front-on profile.
Z-ribbed piles interlock on wall extremities to provide a solid web connecting the two flanges.
Extremely versatile and easy to install, Liniar’s plastic ‘Z-ribbed’ piles are similar in appearance to some steel sheet piles. Plastic piling provides a low cost alternative to steel in many circumstances, such as the construction of bridges, drainage systems, manholes and tunnels.
When used in the Z-ribbed format it is also stronger than the existing standard pile, making it suitable for installations where the clean look of plastic piling can be seen.
Liniar’s Z-ribbed piling is predominantly used in retaining and floodwall applications where bending strength governs the design and no deflection (swing) between sheets is required.
Benefits to the Liniar range of Plastic Piling:
- Does not rot or rust
- Manufactured from recycled plastic
- Has no risk from sparking
- Manufactured in the UK by ourselves, so reduces the environmental impact of the cost of transport
- Maintains its original appearance over time
- Not affected by salt water
- Resistant to the majority of chemicals
- Resistant to rodent and marine borer attack
- Can be easily cut or bored
- Maintenance free
- Lighter than steel, so easier to handle and transport
- Has a clean, consistent appearance
- Available in a number of colours
- Has the ability to create curved walls and a 90º corner pile is available
Standard Pile (Z-Ribbed) Technical Engineering values
|Material||Weight (Sheet) kg/m||Weight (wall) kg/m²||Width (sheet) mm||Material Thickness mm||Lugs|
Calculations are based on Tensile Strength of material = 40N/mm2. Allowable Moment = Tensile Yield Strength x Section Modulus Factor of Safety = 3
Contact us for more information.