EnergyPlus90 is a Passivhaus certified system, developed by Liniar and launched in 2017. A 90mm lead-free uPVC window and door system, EnergyPlus90 looks and acts as a 70mm system and is ideal for the commercial market. With triple benefits of Passive House thermal efficiency, PAS24 security and fantastic noise reduction capability (acoustic values as high as 42 decibels), EnergyPlus 90 UPVC windows and doors are available from Liniar fabricators all over the UK.
EnergyPlus90 at a glance
- Passivhaus compliant with laminate glazing included.
- U-Values as low as 0.7 W/m²K with triple glazing, quadruple glazed as low as 0.5 W/m²K and a Windows Energy Rating as high as A+40.
- PAS24:2016 accredited.
- Secured by Design accredited.
- Acoustic values as high as Rw (C;Ctr) = 42 (-2;-6).
- 9 chamber lead-free PVCu design.
- Featuring the patented Liniar bubble gasket and glazing flipper.
- Utilises standard Liniar chamfered and sculptured beads and glazing platforms.
- 48mm & 56mm triple glazing options.
- Weather tested in excess of BS6375 parts 1, 2 & 3 – the highest possible achieved.
- Suitable for use with heavy duty hinges and hardware.
- No steel reinforcement required (up to 1500mm transom/mullion).
- Sight lines, frame cover and clearances similar to EnergyPlus (looks and operates like a 70mm system).
In 2015, the UK Government announced major plans to build 200,000 starter homes by 2020 – with close to a million homes overall within the same period. These homes are likely to be built on brownfield land in urban areas, often near busy roads and rail lines.
A study of roads in November 2016 showed that British roads are the most congested in Europe.
In addition, the building of a new high speed rail network (HS2) combined with a proposed new third runway at the already busy London Heathrow Airport are anticipated to add to the already high noise levels in urban areas throughout the UK.
Architects, developers and consumers are already asking for greater acoustic values in their window systems to help combat these increasing levels – but not at the expense of thermal efficiency or security.
PAS24:2016 and Secured by Design
A full sized whole window was fully tested to the stringent security requirements of PAS24:2016 and passed with flying colours. This means the EnergyPlus90 window is also fully compliant with Part Q building regulations – critical for the commercial and new build sectors. As a result, EnergyPlus90 has also achieved Secured by Design accreditation.
EnergyPlus90 is available in a range of stocked colours specifically chosen for the commercial sector: