Liniar’s flat pile can be used on installations where no great strength is required and where a clean straight line of piles is preferred.
Typically used for circular cell design applications, flat sheet pile is a proven technology that’s used on many projects. While these sheet piles offer much less beam strength than Z piles, the sections use a thumb and finger to generate significant pull strength to counter the hoop stress applied to them.
Liniar’s flat piles are used almost exclusively for building large, filled cellular structures. Flat sheets must provide some ability to ‘swing’ between sheets so that a circle can be closed.
Flat pile is used in the damming of peat bogs, as a heavy-duty edging or raised bed retaining profile.
Benefits to the Liniar range of plastic piling:
- Manufactured from recycled plastic
- Does not rot or rust
- Manufactured in the UK by ourselves, so reduces the environmental impact of the cost of transport
- Has no risk from sparking
- Not affected by salt water
- Maintains its original appearance over time
- Resistant to rodent and marine borer attack
- Resistant to the majority of chemicals
- Maintenance free
- Can be easily cut or bored
- Lighter than steel, so easier to handle and transport
- Available in a number of colours
- Has the ability to create curved walls and a 90º corner pile is available
Flat Pile Technical Engineering values
|Material||Weight (Sheet) kg/m||Weight (wall) kg/m²||Width (sheet) mm||Material Thickness mm||Lugs|
Calculations are based on Tensile Strength of material = 40N/mm2. Allowable Moment = Tensile Yield Strength x Section Modulus Factor of Safety = 3
Contact us for more information.