The use of Liniar’s plastic piling provides a low cost alternative to steel piling in many situations that require temporary shoring during the civil engineering construction of bridges, tunnels, drainage systems, manholes and a whole host of other uses.
Liniar’s trench sheet pile is designed as a shuttering for temporary or permanent ground works in the utility sector.
The unique corrugated design provides additional strength and it is much lighter and easier to handle than steel and therefore cheaper to transport, and the risk of sparking is eliminated because it’s made from uPVC – making it the ideal choice for temporary shoring.
The primary use Liniar’s trench sheet pile is for temporary shoring, ground support and trench work. It’s ideal to be used by ground workers and utilities to provide a safe working environment in various excavations.
Benefits to the Liniar range of Plastic Piling:
- Does not rot or rust
- Manufactured from recycled plastic
- Has no risk from sparking
- Manufactured in the UK by ourselves, so reduces the environmental impact of the cost of transport
- Maintains its original appearance over time
- Not affected by salt water
- Resistant to the majority of chemicals
- Resistant to rodent and marine borer attack
- Can be easily cut or bored
- Maintenance free
- Lighter than steel, so easier to handle and transport
- Available in a number of colours
- Has the ability to create curved walls and a 90º corner pile is available
Trench Pile Technical Engineering values
|Material||Weight (Sheet) kg/m||Weight (wall) kg/m²||Width (sheet) mm||Material Thickness mm||Lugs|
Calculations are based on Tensile Strength of material = 40N/mm2. Allowable Moment = Tensile Yield Strength x Section Modulus Factor of Safety = 3
Contact us for more information.