Liniar log pile has been launched to add to the already extensive Liniar piling range following many months of development. Unique in its construction, the new Liniar log pile has been designed to replicate the appearance of wood logs.
Liniar’s log pile is an ideal choice for use in applications where a ‘hard engineering’ solution is required but there is a desire for a more environmentally friendly product with a ‘soft engineering’ appearance. Liniar’s log pile is covered externally with a timber composite finish to give it a natural look and to enable algae or moss to grow on it.
The tubular log piling is designed as a retaining structure. Made from 100% recycled material, it’s perfect for use in situations where traditional piling options are not practical and equally suitable in natural habitats.
Designed to weather naturally, just as natural wood, the fascia of log pile can be treated with a water-based wood stain if necessary.
Liniar’s log pile is ideal for bank retention when a more aesthetic finish is required. It can also be used by the Rail Network to construct track side worker refuges and as an effective alternative to concrete surrounds to protect signalling location cases and boxes from land slippages.
Benefits to the Liniar range of Plastic Piling:
- Does not rot or rust
- Manufactured from recycled plastic
- Has no risk from sparking
- Manufactured in the UK by ourselves, so reduces the environmental impact of the cost of transport
- Maintains its original appearance over time
- Not affected by salt water
- Resistant to the majority of chemicals
- Resistant to rodent and marine borer attack
- Can be easily cut or bored
- Maintenance free
- Lighter than steel, so easier to handle and transport
- Has a clean, consistent appearance
- Available in a number of colours
- Has the ability to create curved walls and a 90º corner pile is available
Log Pile Technical Engineering values
|Material||Weight (Sheet) kg/m||Weight (wall) kg/m²||Width (sheet) mm||Material Thickness mm||Depth/Diameter of Section mm|
|Modulus of Elasticity
|Tensile Yield Strength N/mm²||Moment of
|Allowable Moment kNm/m (Log Pile)||Allowable Moment kNm/m (Log Pile + Hardwood Post)||Allowable Moment kNm/m (Log Pile + Softwood Post)||Allowable Moment kNm/m (Log Pile + Steel Tube)|
Calculations are based on Tensile Strength of material = 40N/mm2. Allowable Moment = Tensile Yield Strength x Section Modulus Factor of Safety = 3
Contact us for more information.